Sanofi Pasteur, the vaccines division of Sanofi, provides more than 1 billion doses of vaccine each year, making it possible to immunize more than 500 million people across the globe. A world leader in the vaccine industry, Sanofi Pasteur offers a broad range of vaccines protecting against 20 infectious diseases. The company's heritage, to create vaccines that protect life, dates back more than a century. Sanofi Pasteur is the largest company entirely dedicated to vaccines. Every day, the company invests more than EUR 1 million in research and development.
Our vision: a world in which no one suffers or dies from a vaccine-preventable disease.
Our mission: to protect and improve human health worldwide by providing superior, innovative vaccines for the prevention and treatment of disease and by playing an active role in the Immunization Community to maximize vaccination.
Many elected officials and community leaders point to Sanofi Pasteur as a prime example of a "desirable business" for our area. The statistics below highlight just a few of the ways in which Sanofi Pasteur offers significant value to its community:
- The Swiftwater site has a workforce of approximately 2,000 employees.
- Since 2001, we invested more than $1 billon in capital expansion projects at the Swiftwater site.
- In 2014 alone, we purchased $335 million in goods and services from Pennsylvania-based vendors and paid $246 million in salaries and wages to Pennsylvania.
- In 2014, we paid $10 million in state and local payroll taxes.
- In 2013, Sanofi Pasteur donated more than $870,000 to nearly 100 nonprofits that service clients in Northeastern Pennsylvania.
- Sanofi Pasteur and its employees contributed more than $290,000 to people in need through the 2013 United Way campaign.
- Dozens of Sanofi Pasteur employees volunteer on boards, committees, and at events, such as Relay for Life (American Cancer Society), March for Babies (March of Dimes), and the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure.
Click here for more information on: