Pocono Mountains Community Fundraiser
The Pocono Mountains Community Fundraiser began in 2004 based on a concept proposed by Damian A. Braga, President US, Senior Vice President Global Commercial Operations, Sanofi Pasteur. In support of that concept, each year Sanofi Pasteur has provided all financial backing and creative services required to launch the event. Since that time, local business and community leaders have greatly increased their role and level of support within the program, ultimately increasing attendance, sponsors, monetary contributions, and the number of non-profit organizations supported.
The 12th Annual Pocono Mountains Community Fundraiser which took place on July 30, 2015 raised a record-breaking $205,000+ bringing initiative's collective sum to more than $1.85 million in giving to local non-profit organizations.
2015 Pocono Mountains Community Fundraiser Sponsors:
- Diamond Sponsors:
- Kalahari Resorts & Conventions
- Publicis Groupe
- Sanofi Pasteur
- Signature Sponsors:
- DME Alliance, Inc.
- East Stroudsburg University/East Stroudsburg University Foundation
- Gold Sponsors:
- Aumvis Pharmatec LLC
- Capitol Counsel
- Desaki/Trapasso Family
- Green Leaf Productions
- Mattioli Foundation
- Monroe County Bar Association
- Mount Airy Casino Resort
- Pocono Medical Center
- Relevant Solutions, LLC
- Weiler Corp
- Silver Sponsors:
- Adams Outdoor Advertising
- Advanced Cleanroom Microclean
- Biosector 2
- Eyewitness News/ WBRE-TV/WYOU-TV
- Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield
- LR Constanzo Co., Inc.
- PPL Corporation
- Stone Office, Inc.
- Tunnell Consulting, Inc.
- Vigon International, Inc.
- Wise Solutions, Inc.
- Shining Star Sponsors:
- Turner Construction Company
The 12th Annual Pocono Mountains Community Fundraiser supported the following recipients:
- Family Promise of Monroe County -- provide daily transportation of homeless families with children between the Family Promise Day Center and temporary housing
- The Make-A-Wish Foundation -- underwrite the cost of three Monroe County families' wishes, such as a 6 year old suffering from neuroblastoma, a 7 year old who lives with the challenges of muscular dystrophy, and a 15 year old struggling with multiple sclerosis
- Pocono Alliance -- help ensure all children enter school and are ready to learn through the creation of Children's Care Coordination program, addressing the needs of children and their parents in overcoming key barriers
- Pocono Mountain Public Library -- purchase specialized computers to provide easily accessible STEM and language arts programs to a broad spectrum of students, as part of the Library's Children's Technology Education Center
- The Salvation Army -- shelter homeless single adults and families
- Women's Resources of Monroe County -- provide evidence-based prevention education programs for Monroe County schools that will encourage healthy relationships and respect for others while developing youth leaders. These youth leaders will serve as role models and ambassadors for non-violence in their community